Chlamydia catches due to Chlamydia trachomatis bacteria, Chlamydia is a general STD that might infect both lady as well as men. The cure for chlamydia is oral antibiotics offered either in several times. You have to take antibiotics medicine as prescribed by doctor until the medicine is ended. If you don’t consult to doctor to treat chlamydia might cause grave complications. Ensure you converse to a doctor as soon as you consider you might have been infected.
It may cause critical, permanent destruction to a lady’s reproductive system. Due to this, it’s very complex or not possible for her to obtain pregnant after that. Chlamydia might also cause a potentially deadly ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy which happens exterior the womb in fallopian tube).
Can You Get Chlamydia From Kissing?
The answer is as simple no. Kissing doesn’t spread chlamydia, several things might spread. These are
- The ordinary cold as well as other viral infections
- Influenza as well as Herpes simplex virus, which is usually recognized as a cold sore or fever blister.
- The virus (like Epstein-Barr), which is a (common saliva-borne) virus that may cause infectious mononucleosis.
- Hepatitis B, however only if there are mouth sores or abrasions caused by bites or trauma where blood might be exchanged.
- Cytomegalovirus, a common virus that might infect anyone however hardly ever causes symptoms.
How Do You Get Chlamydia?
Chlamydia can be spread via anal, vaginal, as well as oral sex. The infection is carried in semen , vaginal fluids, as well as pre-cum. If you have sex without a condom such as vaginal, anal or oral sex with someone who has chlamydia (even if they don’t have symptoms), you might be infected. (Chlamydia might infect the vagina, anus, penis, cervix, urethra, throat as well as eyes).
Chlamydia may be naturally treated with medicine like antibiotics. However if you don’t take medicine for Chlamydia, then you may face major health problems that might be complicated for you. That’s the reason why STD testing is so vital the sooner you recognize you have chlamydia, the faster you might cleared it. You might prevent chlamydia if you utilize condoms every time for safety.
Several persons who got this decease chlamydia don’t have any signs so they might not even identify they’re infected as they feel better.
Symptoms of Chlamydia
Most people with chlamydia don’t observe any symptoms and don’t know they have it.
If you do develop symptoms, you might experience:
- Pain while peeing
- In women, tenderness in the tummy, bleeding after sex as well as bleeding between periods
- Abnormal discharge from the penis, vagina or rectum
- In men, pain as well as swelling in the testicles
- If you consider you’re at risk of having an STI or have any signs of chlamydia, visit your clinic to get tested.
How May Reduce The Risk Of Having Chlamydia?
The only one thing is to keep away from this infection is to not have vaginal, anal, or oral sex. If you are sexually active, you might perform the following things to reduce your chances of getting chlamydia: Be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been tested as well as has negative STD test results; utilize condoms ideal way every time you have sex.
Can You Get Rid Of Chlamydia
Yes, chlamydia can be cured with the proper treatment. It is significant that you take entire of the medication your doctor prescribes to cure your infection. While taken properly it will stop the infection as well as could decrease your chances of having complications later on. You should not share medication for chlamydia with anyone. Repeat infection with chlamydia is familiar. You should be tested once more about three months after you are treated, even if your sex partner(s) was treated.
Anyone who is sexually active may catch chlamydia. You’re most at risk if you have a new sexual partner or don’t utilize a barrier method of contraception, such as a condom, when having sex.
You can help to prevent the spread of chlamydia by:
- Utilizing a condom every time you have vaginal or anal sex.
- Using a dam (a piece of thin, soft plastic or latex) to cover the female genitals during oral sex or when rubbing female genitals together.
- Using a condom to cover the penis during oral sex.
- If you do share sex toys, cover them with a new condom or wash them.
- not sharing sex toys.
What Are The Treatments For Chlamydia?
If you have chlamydia, your doctor will prescribe oral antibiotics, typically azithromycin (Zithromax) or doxycycline. Your doctor will also advise your partner(s) be treated to prevent reinfection as well as further spread of the disease. With treatment, the infection should clear up in about a week or two. It is vital to finish all of your antibiotics even if you feel better.
Women with severe chlamydia infection may require hospitalization, intravenous antibiotics (medicine given through a vein), and pain medicine.
After taking antibiotics, people should be re-tested after three months to be sure the infection is cured. This is particularly essential if you are unsure that your partner obtained treatment. But testing should still take place even if your partner has been treated. Do not have sex until you are sure both you as well as your partner no longer have the disease.
How To Protect Yourself Against Chlamydia?
- Utilize a new dental dam or latex gloves for rimming as well as fingering (exploring your partner’s anus with your fingers, mouth or tongue) or utilize latex gloves for fisting.
- Use a new male or female condom or dental dam every time you have vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- Limit the number of sexual partners you have, remember to utilize a new condom for each partner, as well as have regular STI tests.
- Cover sex toys with a new condom and wash them after use.
- Be conscious that other types of contraception such as the contraceptive pill provide no protection against sexually transmitted infections.
- Recognize the status of any sexual partner.